We implement Clos Network Topology in our service(Using expression of Clos Network Topology on https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7938 ).
Although it is a topology that can be scaled out, understand the routing protocol to be used it. The current state of our team is that there is only one person who can operate (not scaled).
I’m not one of them in order to maintain service. Again, I want to break through the complicated and incomplete situation.
I am an infrastructure engineer who has been involved in the development of infrastructure with keywords such as virtualization, containers, metrics, and logs. I’m not sure about the technology that appears in Clos Network Topology, I have been interested in it for a long time, so I decided to become the first person involved in operations and engineering. As a first step, I implemented the book “BGP in the Data Center” as a textbook using LXC and BIRD to learn Clos Network Topology.
As a first step and while learning, adopting Clos Network Topology, I saw a lot of information published on the Internet, I couldn’t find any information to answer the question, “How do you scale the people who operate it?”
In the presentation, what a happening is in one man operation and why I was interested in Clos Network Topology. I will talk and experience how it was implemented based on the textbook and so on. And what kind of things I tried in the implemented environment and future perspective.
By discussing what kind of efforts the participants are doing from the perspective of “learning” and “education”, I get insights that can feedback to our efforts. I hope we can provide feedback such as “Got it, we will try it” or “These actions are definitely necessary in considering the topology” for JANOG participants.
* What kind of onboard training do you do when new members join your team?
* What kind of background do the members of the team have?
* What kind of background do the staffs who teach onboarding have?
* What expectations do onboarders have for those who are onboarded?*
* What do you use as teaching materials for onboarding?
* Clos is not a BGP used by people who operate the Internet, but a BGP used in the data center, so I think that the attributes of the people who implement and operate that are different,
but what about the actual situation? How do you think of ?*
* What is a reference of learning of Clos ?
* After learning Clos, what did you have to overcome before you could join in the operation?
* How do you provide a place to study Clos that is not a traditional network topology (eg Star, Hub and Spoke, etc.)?
* BGP is also used in Kubernetes, but how do you study BGP? What is the method ?
* Have you ever involved someone who is interested in Clos? (What did you get it from someone after that ?)
Day2 Thursday, Jan 27th, 2022/10:00～10:45(45Minutes)