Day1 2021年7月14日(水) 17:00～17:45(45分)
I used to create tools such as Tera Term macros, shells, VBA, etc. as a developer, and provide them to the production.
Now, I am providing operational automation with middleware, mainly Ansible.
In order to discuss how to expand the deployed NW operational automation, I will first talk about my experience.
The premise of the tool is Ansible, but I think it is the same for programming and other automation tools.
1. Create a tool as a development tool and provide it to operations.
– This is an individual optimization of one task, and there is no intention to expand it.
– The distance between development and operation is close, and there is a prospect for maintenance. 2.
2. Introduce Ansible and expand automation by operations (user side).
– It is not individual optimization, but optimization by middleware, so it can be expanded.
– There is no one who is familiar with Ansible at the beginning of the project.
– Existing operations are the priority, and the priority for expanding automation is low.
3. Introduce Ansible and expand the dedicated team (development & operation).
– There are people who are familiar with Ansible before the project starts.
– Expand by creating an automation promotion team that does not leave 100% to operations and 100% to development.
– We are currently working on this.
What we want to discuss
– Should the role of automating tasks be divided between development (the creator) and operation (the user)?
– Or is it better for the operation (the user) to do it since it will help them solve their own problems?
– Is it better to create a dedicated team?
We would like to get opinions from people in each position and discuss the expansion of NW operation automation.
ITO MASATO(AP Communications Co., Ltd.)