The topics of Network Automation has been discussed at JANOG meetings in recent years.
The previous topics have covered “How to build automation systems” or “How to automate network operational tasks”.
However, the topics of “How to build a NetDevOps team that can sustain system development over the long term” has never been addressed.
In order to sustain in-house development for 5 to 10 years, team building is essential, rather than relying on a star engineer.
In this session, companies that has led a number of network automation projects will discuss how they have built their NetDevOps team.
This session will follow these topics:
– Who develop a network automation software? Network Engineer? Software Engineer?
– Dedicated team or concurrent team?
– In-house development or outsourcing?
– What is the ideal size of a NetDevOps team?
– Train members who can develop, or hiring?
– How do you get people to learn NetDevOps skills and experience?
– How do you decide on the theme of your automation project? Who decides? Who creates it?
– How do you bridge skill gap among engineers?
– Do you need a superhero in NetDevOps team?
Day3 Friday, Jan 27th, 2023/15:00～16:15(1Hour 15Minutes)